BLISS OUT BREW, AN HERBAL TEA BLEND

SWEET MEDICINE IN A CUSTOM RE-PURPOSED CANISTER
Despite many significant dietary modifications, many of my symptoms didn't noticeably improve until incorporating healing herbs into my daily routine. I may have mentioned this before, and most likely will again, but for over ten years of my life, I took 1,000 mg of pain reliever just about every day for migraines, chronic nerve pain, and severe menstrual cramping. Now that my food triggers have been eliminated, my symptoms are treated completely with herbs. So suffice it to say, I am incredibly enthusiastic about the benefits of herbs. I recently started an herbalism certification course, and have also had the opportunity to help out some friends by making some custom tea blends for them. I feel very at home with it all, and am excited to share some of my blends with you.
Up first is a blend that I made for one of my best friends who has been dealing with a great deal of stress, including a job that taxes his arms and wrists and manifests itself in similar nerve symptoms to mine. I tested this blend out on myself first, and halfway through my mug, I felt like I had taken a muscle relaxant. My tense muscles eased up, my blood started flowing to my finger tips (yes, that is a rare feeling for me), and my mood noticeably improved. I was excited to pass this on to him and see how he responded. After his first mug, he felt relaxed and more at peace, and said that his lungs felt clean and open. He drank this sweet brew prior to bed, and woke up the next morning feeling more refreshed. The tea comes off as quite sweet because of the stevia and licorice root, so test it before adding any additional sweeteners to your cup.
Normally the tea recipes I share here are for a day or two's dose; this recipe is meant to fill a tea canister and last for a while.

BLISS OUT BREW*
1/2 CUP LICORICE ROOT
1/4 CUP CATNIP
1/4 CUP SKULLCAP
1/4 CUP MEADOWSWEET
1/4 CUP ROSE HIPS
1/4 CUP MUGWORT
1/4 CUP STEVIA HERB
1/4 CUP FENNEL SEED
1    TBS SHEEP SORREL
1    TBS PASSIONFLOWER
1    TBS ORANGE PEEL (HEAPING)
OPTIONAL: 1/4 CUP GOLDENSEAL (ADDED FOR SEASONAL ALLERGY COMPLAINTS)

MIX HERBS AND STORE. LOAD TEA INTO A TEA BALL AND STEEP ANYWHERE FROM 5 MINUTES TO AN HOUR, DEPENDING ON DESIRED POTENCY. YOU CAN ALSO PUT THE DESIRED DOSE OF HERBS INTO A FRENCH PRESS AND STEEP THE HERBS THAT WAY. 

ABOUT THESE HERBS
LICORICE ROOT:
SOOTHES THE NERVOUS AND DIGESTIVE SYSTEMS, DIURETIC, EXPECTORANT. 
CATNIP:  
SOOTHES THE NERVOUS AND DIGESTIVE SYSTEMS, PROMOTES THE EXCRETION OF TOXINS THROUGH SWEATING
SKULLCAP:  
SOOTHES THE NERVOUS AND DIGESTIVE SYSTEMS, DIURETIC, SEDATIVE
MEADOWSWEET:  
SOOTHES THE NERVOUS SYSTEM, DIURETIC
ROSE HIPS:
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, DIURETIC, IMMUNE BOOSTER
MUGWORT:
SOOTHES THE NERVOUS SYSTEM, PROMOTES PROPER DIGESTION 
STEVIA:
HERBAL SWEETENER THAT DOES NOT ELEVATE BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVELS
FENNEL SEED:
SOOTHES DIGESTIVE AND NERVOUS SYSTEMS, DIURETIC, EXPECTORANT
SHEEP SORREL:
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY, DETOXIFYING
PASSIONFLOWER: 
SOOTHES THE NERVOUS SYSTEM, SEDATIVE
GOLDENSEAL:
DIURETIC, SOOTHING TO SINUS COMPLAINTS


*Please note that herbs are potent medicine, and should be honored as such. I am not a certified herbalist (yet!), and am sharing this recipe based solely on my own personal research and experience with it. If you are unfamiliar with these herbs, it is best to first try them individually to test your body's tolerance of them.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It was great and very useful, what was the taste of SWEET MEDICINE IN A CUSTOM RE-PURPOSED CANISTER?I buy herbal incense wholesale online and it was great also.

Post a Comment